Please note - When ordering online: Please add our purpose made transport boxes to your basket (4 medium hens can be fitted in one box @ £2.95 each). If no boxes are added we will refund the order as we can't organise safe, contact free collection without them).
Hen Size - Medium
Colour - Shades of chocolate brown with either gold neck feathers or white spots and splashes. Some have a large head comb that flops to one side when fully mature.
Eggs - Up to 330 per year.
Egg ccolour - Cream / Light brown.
Character - Alongside their White Star cousins, they are one of the best layers, they have lots of character but are prone to being flighty.
Partridge Star Hybrid - 14 weeks old
I confirm by buying live chickens I will:
- Provide a secure, fox proof house with good ventilation and perches for them to sleep on. They will be locked in overnight if their run is not predator proof.
- Provide at least 1 square metre of run space for bantams and 2 square metres for medium and large birds.
- Provide a constant supply of clean water.
- Provide a constant supply of layers mash or layers pellets.
- Supply a constant supply of mixed grit & oyster shell.
- Will put temporary bowls of food & water in different areas for the first few weeks whilst the pecking order is established.
- I have purchased a minimum of 2 x birds.
I have added enough poultry transport boxes to checkout to enable safe, contact free collection - Up to 4 medium sized birds can be fitted in one of our transport boxes (£2.95 each).